Friday, February 11, 2011

What's in a dress?


From the moment I picked this dress off the rack, I knew it would become a favorite.  Almost every time I put an outfit together, I'm drawn to this flowery frock.  I've resisted the urge to repeat this dress over and over, but today I thought the time had come to let it see daylight again.

For me, this is one of those pieces that I just feel great in.  It fits well, is super comfy, speaks to my aesthetic, and, overall, just makes me feel good.

I believe it is so important for us to have pieces like that.  Not just easy go-to pieces, but feel-good pieces.  I put on this dress, and instantly I feel feminine and pretty.  I just can't have a bad day in this dress.  It's too lovely to allow such a thing.

Whether or not you have the same affinity for this dress as I do is beside the point.  I just think it's important to have something, or better yet, somethings that make you feel like you can conquer the world.  Whether it's a power suit that you can kick some corporate ass in, or some rockin' boots that make you feel invincible - every woman needs to have key pieces that make her feel warm and fuzzy inside.  Loving an outfit is great, but loving yourself is better.

In the world of fashion, it's easy to get wrapped up in the way clothes make us look, but I think it's equally important to pay attention to the way clothes make us feel.

And today...I felt good.




















You know I can't resist a June cameo.

dress, ring, flower clip, socks - Forever 21
tights - Charlotte Russe
boots - Dollhouse, via DSW
leather jacket - Only, via Wilson's Leather
belt - vintage Anne Klein, thrifted
earrings - via Kohl's
purse - Bongo, via Ross

4 inclinations:

Phuong said...[Reply to comment]

you look so cute!


Giveaway: Win 100 euro giftcard from ASOS.COM

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@Phuong
Thanks! I really love this dress!

two birds said...[Reply to comment]

i can see why you love it! it's springy and fun, but can be worn any time of the year! love it!

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@two birds
Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing how else I can style it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...