Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Texas in March


The following message is directed at anyone who lives in a climate where they have weather in the 70s year-round:

I envy you.

The weather has been gorgeous, and I can't help but wish it was always like this.  72 and breezy...my kind of day.  I can wear tights without suffering from heat exhaustion, or I can go tight-less and not get frostbite.  See?  Perfect.

Of course, this is a double-edged sword, for I do not live in an environment where I can enjoy this luxury all year.  With each day that passes, I wonder if another cold front will sweep through, or, even worse, if a heat wave will take over.  March is probably the scariest month to live in North Texas because it is the least predictable.  And, really, weather is always unpredictable in Texas, so March is especially unpredictable.

We shall see what March of 2011 holds in store for us.  In the meantime, I'll hold my 72 degree days dearly and pray that the weather fairies continue to give us mild weather.

Hope you enjoyed your first day of March!  Ta ta for now, lovelies!  







dress - via Ross
cardi - Old Navy, thrifted
belt - thrifted
flats - Bamboo, via Burlinton
earrings - gift from Mom
necklace - available soon on my Etsy shop, Splendiferously Yours

4 inclinations:

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

Oooh, love the dress. I will take March in TX over March in MI/IN anyday! :)

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@JNRS
Thanks! And I would probably freeze all winter if I lived in your neck of the woods!

Terezsia said...[Reply to comment]

love your outfit, you look so cute and pretty!!!

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@Terezsia

Aww, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...