Attending a summer music festival? Here are some tips to keep cool and comfortable...
- Summer is HOT, so dress accordingly. Sport a tank and some cutoff shorts, or wear a loose, flowy dress.
- Always wear sun screen. Wrinkles down the road...not so cute.
- Keep a chapstick on hand to protect your pretty pout.
- Carry a small bag with only the essentials. Small cross-body bags are great because they keep your hands free.
- Sunglasses are essential: they'll protect your eyes from harmful sun rays, and they're an added way to express your personal style when you're wearing a minimal amount of clothing.
- If your scalp is prone to sunburn, definitely wear a hat. Nowadays, there are plenty of fashionable options to choose from.
- Wear a comfortable, flat shoe. You don't want to end the day with bleeding blisters.
- Keep jewelry light and to a minimum. After hours in the sun, piles of bangles and a ring on every finger can begin to weigh you down.
- Stay hydrated...and booze doesn't count! Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
- If you choose to wear makeup, waterproof is the way to go. You don't want sweat smearing your makeup all day.
- Be prepared for the unexpected: stash a couple of bandaids, feminine items, and some Tylenol in your purse, as well as a compact umbrella or rain poncho.
So there you have it! My tips for summer music festivals. Are there any you would add?