Lindsay from Delighted Momma told me that she is going to attend a child's birthday party, and she asked for outfit suggestions that would be appropriate yet stylish. Here are a few tips...
- Avoid shorts that are cut too short...you don't want to offend any mommies. To stay cool in the summer, go for bermuda shorts or crops instead. They'll give you the freedom of shorts (i.e. allow you to comfortably keep up with the kiddos) while keeping the outfit on the modest side. Similarly, tanks are generally okay, but avoid any kind of strapless top.
- Incorporate color to keep the outfit youthful and fun. Pair a colored crop with a printed top. Once again, here enters my affinity for floral print - it keeps the outfit ladylike without being stuffy, and it's the perfect touch of femininity. Of course, you can choose any print that suits you.
- Wear a comfortable, stylish shoe. The weather in the spring and summer is the perfect time to bring out a flat sandal. Choose a pretty color to really make them pop.
- Don't carry a fancy, expensive purse. As a general rule, if you don't want to risk a kids juice cup falling over and staining your designer bag, leave it at home. Take a more casual purse that's large enough to carry the essentials, but small enough to not get in the way.
- I always love to top off my outfit with a little jewelry, but keep it appropriate for the occasion. Don't wear anything too bulky - especially if you anticipate handling babies or other small children. Also, avoid wearing necklaces. Babies have the tendency to pull or grab at them, and you don't want to deal with a broken chain.
I hope this helps, Lindsay!
Does anyone else have any tips or suggestions they'd like to share?