Monday, July 25, 2011

And comfort was its name-o


You might not be able to tell by my outfit posts, but I am an avid pajama lover.  Homework, cooking, cleaning, and general lounging around the house usually call for big t-shirts and a pair of cotton undies - pajama pants if I'm in the mood.  Comfort always takes the cake when I'm in the privacy of my own home.

Nevertheless, I'm not a fan of pajamas in public, and, obviously, I love putting cute outfits together.  (After all, I do have a fashion blog.)  But no outfit is better than one that bridges the fashion-comfort realms.

That's probably why I loved wearing this outfit so much.  There's something about an A-line skirt that I find not only flattering, but super comfortable - it gives my legs plenty of breathing room.  Pair that with a tucked-in loose top and some simple flats, and you've got yourself a winner.

C-O-M-F-O-R-T

Winning!

This outfit took me through a long Sunday - right from morning church services, to an afternoon barbecue, to some chitchat time at the home of some engaged friends.  We're talking a full-packed 12-hour day here, people.  And I didn't feel like ripping my clothes off the minute I walked in the door at 10 p.m. last night.

Now that's an accomplishment.





shirt - via TJ Maxx; cami - Lauren Conrad for Kohl's; skirt - BDG (UO); flats - via Burlington; clutch - vintage, thrifted; sunnies -Forever 21

8 inclinations:

soychild. said...[Reply to comment]

That certainly is an accomplishment- a super cute and comfy outfit?! Winning.

That skirt is so amazing, I love a-line skirts as well!

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@soychild.
Thanks! You can never go wrong with a classic A-line! I could wear one every day and be happy! :)

Just Daisy said...[Reply to comment]

you go girl! looking stylish as always :)

xoxo,
daisy

http;//imjustdaisy.blogspot.com

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@Just Daisy
Thanks, Daisy! You're always so sweet!

nicole marie said...[Reply to comment]

that top is so cute! i have those sunnies from forever21 hehe:] I'm a huge fan of a-line skirts as well! they're flattering on pretty much every figure..

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@nicole marie
Thanks, Nicole! And I agree about the A-line skirt thing!

Jo said...[Reply to comment]

I love this outfit!
The red clutch was a great choice!
And your hair is so cute, I wish I could pull off a short hair style.

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@Joecelyn Esparza
Thanks, Jo! I found this clutch for like 2 bucks at Goodwill, and I love it! As for my hair - I cut it pretty short last year, and I've been letting it grow out for several months now. It's finally at the point where I can play with it a little, so thanks for complimenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...