Monday, October 3, 2011

A trip to the theater



Caleb and I had a fantastic date night last Friday: we went to see the play To Kill a Mockingbird at a theater that my friend works at.  (If you're reading this Faye, thanks so much for the tickets!)  It was an absolutely fantastic production!   Caleb and I were especially blown away by the talent of the young actors.  They really have bright futures ahead of them!

Since I come from a theatrical background, theater attire is very important to me.  You always want to dress appropriately for your venue.  The theater we went to on Friday isn't super casual, but it's definitely not super fancy either.  Anytime I go, I try to wear something cute and nice but not too fussy.  When you're sitting for a couple hours watching a play, you definitely want to be comfortable. I always bring a cardigan or some other kind of cover-up because some theaters tend to be a little chilly.

The outfit I wore ended up working perfectly - it was super comfy, and I didn't freeze during the performance.  Naturally, I also think it was super cute - I did wear it after all!

Did you do anything fun over the weekend?
  




 

Loft cardigan; Lauren Conrad for Kohl's blouse; Old Navy Skirt; Go Max oxfords via DSW; Forever 21 necklace; pearls via Key West boutique


4 inclinations:

Alice, Pretty Confused said...[Reply to comment]

That sounds like such a wonderful way to spend a Friday night. Your outfit is adorable too - I love the detail on your top, and this colour combination is lovely xo

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@Alice, Pretty Confused It was an excellent way to spend a Friday night! :)

Thanks for your sweet comments about my outfit. I always enjoy mixing new color combos together, and I'm especially pleased with this one. I'm glad you like it, too!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Glad you enjoyed the weekend. I agree, your outfit is super cute!

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@Mommyblogger Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...