Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Errands, missions, and cows


Today was a busy day, blog world.

The hubby and I finally coordinated our schedules well enough that I could get my outfit photos taken outside, and I'm really happy with the outcome.  Sunlight does the body good!  I think they're much better than the indoor photos.  What do you think?

In other news, I ran around town this afternoon running errands.  I ordered some shoes during DSW's Cyber Monday sale, but a few pair didn't fit properly, so I had to go exchange them.  The store was great, and I had no hassle with the exchanges.  Although I'm always so overwhelmed when I walk into DSW...I'm like a kid in a candy store!  They had some great deals on the clearance rack, so be sure to check out your local DSW sometime!

Speaking of good deals, I also went to TJ Maxx.  It's always a good place to go when you're looking for great quality at a great price, and they had some stellar pieces today.

I also went on a mission at Hobby Lobby and Michael's.  (If you're not familiar with these two stores, they're large arts and crafts suppliers that also do home decor and such.)  This particular mission consisted of preparing for an upcoming venture of mine that I will announce soon.  Stay tuned, folks!  (dun, dun, dun...)

The outfit I wore today was extremely comfortable for running errands.  I love comfy skirts that don't require much fuss.  And I was also very happy to wear my brand new leather jacket, which was a steal!  It was on the clearance rack at Wilson's Leather AND I received an extra 70% off!  After tax, it was only about $55...for real leather!  I've seen faux leather going for about that price!

And while we're on the topic of leather, allow me to discuss my stance on the material: oddly enough, I don't eat cow.  But I'll be the first to say that it's for purely nutritional/health reasons, not ethical ones...although I do love animals and wish there was a more human way of making them our meat.  However, I know that regardless of what I do or do not believe, people are still going to eat beef, and I don't see this changing in my lifetime.  If an animal is going to be killed for food, I think it's important to take advantage of all parts of it so that there's no waste.  (The Native Americans had a good idea there, eh?) 

So, I'll proudly sport my 100% genuine leather jacket that should last for years due to the resilient nature of the material.  Please don't dump red paint on me, PETA.

Thoughts?

Smile worthy:
Mustard tights
and bird skirt.



0 inclinations:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...