Friday, February 25, 2011

FBFF: Blog Awards



This week, FBFF is doing Blog Awards!


I've been both dreading and looking forward to this post at the same time!!  I'm excited to share some of my favorites, but I'm dreading having to choose just one for each category!  There were so many blogs that went unmentioned, so check out my blogroll if you want to see some more of my favorites.

But now, onto the awards.  Drum roll please....

1. Creative Juices - Most Creative
There are so many creative bloggers out there, but Beth Jones of B. Jones Style really stands out to me.  She always puts pieces together in unique, unexpected ways, giving her outfits a personal stamp.  All her looks are so distinctly Beth - I could see just the outfit and know it was hers.

2. The Real Deal - Authenticity 
Immediately, Sydney of The Daybook comes to mind.  She writes candidly and openly, and every time you read her blog you feel like you're talking with an old friend.  She's down to earth, funny, and super sweet.  What's not to like?

3. Spark Notes - Most Helpful 
V of Grit and Glamour always has the most helpful advice.  I've referred to her blogging wisdom many a-time.

4. Newbie - Best Blogger Less than a Year Old
I have really been enjoying reading Jessica's work on Wrinkled Dollar.  Her concept is great, and I love her insight on how she snags her deals.  I'm a deal seeker myself, so her blog is now a daily read.

5. Can You Hear Me Now - Most Connected 
Kileen of Cute and Little does a fantastic job of staying connected with her readers.  She offers helpful blog tips, always responds to comments in some way, and has even organized a blogger meet-up for us DFW gals.  Thanks for all your hard work, Kileen!

6. If I had a Hammer - Best DIY
Lizzie of Cotton & Curls is really sweet and offers great sewing tutorials.  Now if only I could get my hands on a sewing machine...

7. Tribe Leader - Blogger who Leads Others and Brings Bloggers Together
Have y'all seen how many bloggers are participating in the 30 for 30 Challenge this month?!  Kendi of Kendi Everyday really brought the fashion blog world together and encouraged people to shop their closets and remix their pieces.  Although I don't personally participate in the 30 for 30 Challenge, there's no denying what an excellent job Kendi does at rounding up participants.  And did I mention her blog is great, too?


8. Practically Perfect - Most Fashionable
Where do I even begin?!  There are so many blogger closets that I'd love to raid!  If I have to choose just one, I would say Tieka from Selective Potential.  Her outfits are always stylish, but they also always look comfortable.  This makes her style relatable, and I'd gladly borrow any outfit she wears.

9. Paint by Numbers - Best Beauty Blogger
I unquestionably choose Kandee the Make-up Artist!  She seriously seems like the sweetest person on the planet.  I just want to hug her after watching her videos!  Her tutorials are always great, and she's always full of energy and enthusiasm.

10. Renaissance Woman - Best All Around Blogger, Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle
Keiko of Keiko Lynn takes this one.  She truly does everything, and her material is always great.  I absolutely adore her feminine style and whimsical touches.  Her Makeup Monday tutorials are awesome, and I even look at how she's done her makeup every other day of the week just because she does it so beautifully.  I also like getting a peak into her life by reading her daily happenings and stories of her past.  She covers a lot of ground and never leaves me disappointed.

That's it for now!  I'll let you know if any of my favorites make it to the top 5.

As always, a big thanks goes out to Katy of Modly Chic for organizing FBFF.

4 inclinations:

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

Wow, thank you so much for the mention! I feel so honored! :)

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@JNRS
You're welcome! I had to include you! :)

KT said...[Reply to comment]

Great list! I need to check out Cotton & Curls - never heard of that blog before. And I too am a HUGE Kandee fan. She's excellent. - Katy

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@KT
She's wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...