Friday, March 4, 2011

FBFF: Beauty Products

This week's FBFF questions are all about beauty products!


1. What's your favorite drug store makeup product and your favorite higher-end product? 
The answers to both of those questions are part of my "basics": bronzer and eyebrow powder.  You probably can't tell in most of my pictures because I'm so, how shall we say, porcelain, but I am a big proponent of bronzer.  I don't use it to look tanner or anything - I use it to contour.  When doing this, it's super important not to have any sparkle or shimmer in the bronzer, and I have a bronzer by Maybelline that is perfectly matte and works really well with my skin tone.  It's not too dark, and it's not too light - just right.  As I discussed here, my eyebrows are something I tend to obsess over, and I've been using a Bare Minerals powder to define my brows for five years now.  Since my brows are naturally very thin, the powder provides a softer, more natural look than a pencil.  Also, I've never had any problems with the powder spreading or smudging.  Most people who don't already know that I fill in my eyebrows are surprised when I tell them that I do because the powder works so well.  Bare Minerals even sells an Essential Brow Kit with everything you need to groom your brows.

2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can't live without?
Mascara.  Hands down.  Love the stuff!  Second would be blush.  Like I said, I'm rather "porcelain," so a little bit of color goes a long way in waking up my face.  On days where I'm running errands, I just like to dust on a little bit of blush, whip on some mascara, soften my lips with some lip balm, and call it a day.  It's a quick, easy routine that makes a huge difference.

3. What's the best hair product you've ever used? 
Where do I even start?!  A quick peek under my sink will show you just how much of a hair product aficionado I am!  I really love Rusk Priming Creme.  It moisturizes hair, blocks out humidity, and preps it for other products.  When you start your styling routine with this, it really makes all your other products work better.  Plus it kind of acts as a sunscreen for your hair. 

4. Fess up, what's the worst beauty look you've tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that? 
In junior high, the girls at my school were wearing white eyeshadow on their lower lids and pastel pink lip gloss.  I had a brief stint as a participant in this look.  Let's just say it wasn't pretty.  I was 12!  I swear I didn't know any better!  :)

5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality?
I love playing around with eyeshadow.  I don't really have a "signature" look that I do every day.  I look in the mirror and think, "What am I in the mood for today?"  And I go from there.

That's it for this week!

Be sure to stop by Modly Chic and check out the other FBFF participants!

0 inclinations:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...