Friday, March 4, 2011

Dressing for me


I always enjoy editing my pictures.  I'm no pro, but it's a good time to look at what I wore and reflect.  Some days I realize I don't really like how I styled an outfit, and other days I love the final outcome.  When I was editing these pictures, I realized I loved everything about this outfit.

Some people may think, "Well, I would've styled it a little differently..."  Others may flat out hate it.  But I love it, and, at the end of the day, that's what's most  important.  I'm finding what works for me, and I can't seem to resist vintage-inspired, feminine looks.

Having a fashion blog makes it really easy to dress for other people, but dressing for ourselves should always be of the utmost importance.  If you like what you see in the mirror, your confidence will help you carry any outfit.

Give me an outfit with a vintage-inspired floral and some colored tights, and I'll rock it any day.











dress - Forever 21
leather jacket - Only, via Wilson's Leather
tights - Nine West, via TJ Maxx
shoes - vintage, thrifted
belt, purse - thrifted
sunnies - Betsey Johnson, via TJ Maxx
earrings - handmade, available soon at my Etsy shop, Splendiferously Yours

12 inclinations:

Blythe and Charlotte said...[Reply to comment]

That bag is so gorgeous! And so is that pattern on your dress!

-Charlotte

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@Blythe and Charlotte
Thanks so much, Charlotte! I appreciate it!

Maria said...[Reply to comment]

I love your outfit! Its very chic :) I became a follower--- your blog is lovely! Please follow me www.avenuemaria.blogspot.com

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@Maria
Thanks so much for the support, Maria! I'll be sure to check out your blog!

Melina said...[Reply to comment]

I agree with you about dressing for yourself. I find it so interesting that it's not something a lot of girls are naturally good at! However, I don't think anyone could possibly dislike this outfit, it is gorgeous! Love the floral mixed with the leather and those tights are just the perfect shade. Love.

xx Melina
.but i like it.

Laura said...[Reply to comment]

This is such a lovely outfit! So sweet and delicate and then you add the edgier jacket and voila! Perfection.

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@Melina
Thanks so much, Melina! I fell in love with this dress as soon as I saw it on the rack!

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@Laura
Thanks for such a sweet comment, Laura! I really did enjoy wearing this outfit!

Stephanie said...[Reply to comment]

You look gorgeous! Especially with the blossoms in the background. It adds a pretty touch to the photos. Random but do you watch Pretty Little Liars? Has anyone told you you look almost like Troian Bellisario? Of course you are the fun one- she's rather uptight on the show.

oomph. said...[Reply to comment]

love your leather jacket....it's the perfect balance to the floral dress.

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@Stephanie
Thanks so much, Stephanie! I don't watch the show, but I googled her and she's very pretty, so thanks! :)

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@oomph.
Thanks! I bought that jacket a few months ago, and I've definitely enjoyed having it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...