Friday, July 8, 2011

A visit from A Texan Oddyssey

Tribal Chic




Hi guys this is Val! For my ideal summer vacation outfit, I put together a look that would work for sightseeing at the coast or meandering through a theme park. A tribal tank paired with denim Bermuda shorts is both comfy and modest. (No booty shorts please! What is with those??) I went with mustard gladiator sandals for a pop of color, and a tooled leather cross body bag to keep your hands free for eating an ice cream cone or for holding on for dear life during a roller coaster ride. (You might want to eat that ice cream AFTER the ride if you're the queasy type though!) As for accessories I kept the earrings simple so as to not compete with the rest of the outfit, and chose a set of chunky bangles in complimentary colors for some arm candy. To finish off the outfit we have a cute pair of aviator sunglasses, which is a must have where I live under the bright Texas sun. Now I don't usually mix brown and black, or my metals, so this outfit would be pushing my fashion boundaries somewhat. I think I'm willing to try it though. How about you?

Val Fox

6 inclinations:

ali v. said...[Reply to comment]

Jessica--I added your link for Friday's Fancies!! As always, your eye for fashion never ceases to amaze me :) you manage to rock whatever you dream up! I'm not down with booty shorts either, so I love how you put all this together. I'm especially dying for those earrings! Have a great weekend! xoxo {av}

henning love said...[Reply to comment]

this is a great outfit, love the bangles and the top. have a great weekend! meg

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...[Reply to comment]

Loving this tribal/bohemian look! and I agree, no booty shorts ;) Have a lovely, lovely weekend!

Val Fox said...[Reply to comment]

Thanks for letting me do this guest post Jessica! I had fun putting together this nice summer outfit.

-Val
http://atexanodyssey.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

That tank top is screaming my name!

Sabrina said...[Reply to comment]

I love this mix! That's a gorgeous print on the tank. The accessories would go very nicely with it.

Sincerely,
Sabrina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...