Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The big 5-0



Fortunately, I'm not talking about my age...

Welcome to my 50th post!!

Sorry, again, for the lack of content this week.  I'd love to bore you with explanations, but I'll save that for another post and make up for it with an outfit.

I've been a little enamored with some of my thrifted pieces lately, and yesterday I was drawn to a more recent thrift purchase: an oversized vintage sweater.  There's not much to it - it's just super comfy.  This makes it perfect for sitting through 3 hours of class.  In fact, I've really been gravitating toward super comfy pieces in general.  

And while we're on the topic, I'll point out that you don't have to be bogged down in sweat pants and a faded hoodie to feel comfortable.  That's what I love about fashion - there's always an alternative.  Next time you're craving a day in sweats, I challenge you to search your closet for something equally comfortable, but more fashion-forward and true to your aesthetic.  I promise your closet won't disappoint.








sweater - vintage, thrifted
leggings - Kohl's
boots - Madden Girl, via DSW
sunnies - J.Lo, via TJ Maxx
purse - Ecko Red, via Ross
ring - Forever 21
necklace - handmade, available soon at Splendiferously Yours

4 inclinations:

Kileen said...[Reply to comment]

congrats on 50 posts! and i can't believe you designed and made this necklace! how unique and you are so much craftier than i could ever be! and this outfit does seem very comfortable.

cute and little
come enter my giveaway!

Tieka, Selective Potential said...[Reply to comment]

Congrats on your 50th post! I love this outfit - casual and lovely! xo

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@kileen
Thanks, Kileen! I probably should've taken a close-up the necklace. I'm starting an Etsy shop soon!

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@Tieka, Selective Potential
Thanks, Tieka! That means a lot coming from someone as lovely as you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...