Saturday, January 22, 2011

Comfy and cold


Howdy, there!  I hope your weekend is off to a fabulous start.  Caleb and I kicked off our weekend by watching way too many episodes of 30 Days on Netflix.  Once we get hooked on something, it's hard to break the habit.  Good thing our vices are merely television series!

Moving right into fashion...  I wore this outfit to class the night the front came in.  I kept it comfy because, well, class is nearly three hours long, and while I am so excited to study globalization on Wednesday nights, sitting that long in one place isn't exactly exhilarating.  It's not unusual to catch me sitting cross-legged in class or see my knees pulled up to my chest as I lean on them pensively (my brain works better that way), so jeans were a wise choice.  I'll inevitably stray from this, since I find myself attracted to dresses and skirts more often than practicality permits me, but I thought I'd stick to a flash-free ensemble for the first night.  (And I promise I sit more lady-like when I dress the part.)

Enough philosophical ramblings about my choice - it was darn comfy.  I wanted this cardi the moment I saw it.  It's perfectly baggy, and I'm actually wearing a sweater underneath, so it provided plenty of warmth.  The scarf, which was part of my Christmas gift from Caleb, is super soft, so I quite enjoyed fiddling with it throughout the day.  What do you think?  Did he pick a good one out? 

And how are you surviving the cold, lovelies?  I was born in the Mediterranean and raised in Texas, so I find myself to be entirely cold-blooded.  In other words, I'm freezing my hiney off in this current chill.  I suppose it's better to be cold-blooded than cold-hearted, so all is well, I suppose.








cardi - Jessica Simpson, via Ross
sweater - Moda International, via BHFO Express e-Bay store
skinny jeans - The Limited, via TJ Maxx
shoes - Aldo
scarf - via Macy's, gifted
sunnies - The Gap, via TJ Maxx
purse - Nine West, via Ross


4 inclinations:

Michelle said...[Reply to comment]

you're pictures are so fun! i LOVE that scarf :)

Jessica Marie said...[Reply to comment]

@Michelle
Thanks bunches!!

Michelle said...[Reply to comment]

we are totally on the same page...my weather is unpredictable but usually freeeeeezing! and i do shop my closet, since my new year's resolution was to stop buying clothes. so it's a tough choice. i feel like if i can stick to some of the rules...no buying and only shopping in my closest, i kind of am participating lol

Kileen said...[Reply to comment]

what a great ruffly scarf and i can totally relate to the crazy weather!

and you look gorgeous in those sunglasses! i love all the different poses. :)

cute and little
come enter my giveaway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...